Friday 24 August 2012

Back to the Grindstone, Nutritionally Speaking

Hello Everyone!
Just got back from a rejuvenation vacation with the family at the cottage in northern Ontario.
Absolutely peaceful, serene and relaxing.  I literally just got home and I'm having a very difficult time wrapping my head around what to do next.  I've had so many brainstorms and I couldn't wait to get back to start blogging again. 
At the start of the trip, I thought I was heading to the Great White North to soak up the sun with good food, good alcohol and nothing else.  But I've realized that this particular journey wanted to teach me something instead.  It taught me how to stay on course, to focus and realign myself with what matters.  This just doesn't apply to nutrition.  That's a whole other blog topic!!  But for now, I've been kicking it pretty hard in the gym before I left.  Why would I want to throw that all away to start yet again when I come home?   I had great energy levels when I left and they are now even more stoked (but they are a wee bit in lazy mode from lounging on the lake everyday) so I want to take it to the next level.  What next level you ask?  Well, I'm not entirely sure but I do know that while I was away, my nutrition was bang on - almost perfect.  I applied the 80-20 rule and indulged in a dark chocolate raspberry bar (OhMY!!!!) and the very odd glass of red wine but instead of feeling guilt about having those things (I ususally do), I praised myself for a job well done and a toast to my immediate future. 
Reflecting on my week away has put things into perspective and as I write, my head is going much faster than I type.  But despite this, I am super focused, have super energy, fed my body well, treated myself with respect and can't wait to see what lies ahead for me.
With that being said, I will eventually be moving this site information to wordpress instead.  However, I have some serious leg work to do but I assure you, the content will be FABulous and the layout will be equally FAB.  I will be adding my other services and a whole lot more, including recipes and motivation to get you to be your absolute personal best.
I have been so SUPER excited about getting home to work on my projects and watch them grow to fruition - just like I want to help you with all aspects of nutrition under the rainbow!  I am always available to chat or send me a message.  Contact me - I can't wait to hear from you!

Cheers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment